Monday, May 11, 2009

He is home...He is home!!!

Yesterday at 330am...I was up and getting ready to head out the door with both my kiddos to PICK UP THEIR DADDY!! Getting up early and having to haul both kids was so worth all of it. To get ready for that day...the night prior, my neighbor and good friend...Jenny, helped me put up the sign and flags for his arrival! Then off to bed I went...lol...all 2 hours! We made him a sign so he could see where we were!! They had a hang out tent with food and many tvs for the kids. The best one was the one that showed the plane taxiing on the run way! We even got to see them deboard the plane!! It was a beautiful sight! After that we went out onto the field to await their arrival and it was so nerve racking...knowing that they were only about 5 to 8 minutes away. Finally the buses pull up and they revealed them to us like that show Extreme Home Make Over!! Some people were even saying..."Move that bus!" LoL!!! They then had to march up to us and then after a brief 2 to 5 minute speech from someone...LOL...they were released to their loved ones. Then we were finally reunited. Damien was so happy...you could see the joy in his face when he realized that he daddy was there and it wasn't a waste of his time...hehe! Damien wouldn't let him out of his sight...I think he was afraid that his daddy was going to leave him. We were able to get a family photo out there on the field...this is going to be one of those days that I will never forget!!



2 comments:

Ryan, Kim and Caroline said...

Marie, seeing these pictures choked me up a little! I can't wait until its my time! Welcome home, Barry!

Ray, Jayme, Caeleb, Alaura & Hailey said...

THat was a great comming home celebration!!!!! We did not get to see Ray get off the plane. HOW COOL!!!!! I am so glad you are home safe and sound Barry! Now when are you all talking about PCSing to Korea.... HA! Loved the pictures, they brought tears to my eyes! Remembering how very special that day was when Ray came home! You all enjoy each others company!!!!! Love you all!