Well, on Tuesday we had to say goodbye to Barry....It was the hardest thing I had to do in a long time. And I just gave birth with no epidural!!
What made it so hard...was watching our son Damien breakdown and cry out for his daddy as they closed the door to the ramp going to the plane. What do you do for a child that doesn't understand why his daddy is leaving him...again. I did the only thing I could do...cry with him and pick him up.
This time was so much harder saying bye to him. And the reason for the difficulty....Damien had a reaction. Something that I was hoping to avoid.
The upside to all of this though...is that Barry will or should be home in 4 or 5 months. And then we will have him for at least a year.
I know that reading this sounds like I am having a pity party. It is not meant for that. But I do need to get out the sadness that I am feeling.
We did have a wonderful time while he was here. We even got blessed and got an extra night with him when he plane was cancelled for the next day bc of the fog!! I was over joyed and Damien got an extra day and night with his daddy!!
Please keep Barry in your thoughts and prayers as he finishes he tour in Iraq.
hugs
Marie, Damien and Lance
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Said our goodbyes...
Posted by Marie & Barry at 11:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I am so sorry that you had to day goodbye...again. And, if you want to have a pitty party, go right on ahead. You deserve it! Just because we chose to live the military lifestyle dose not make separation any easier. Hang in there and hopefully the next 4-5 months will go by quickly.
Boo Army! Saying goodbye is the worst part, but you're one day closer to saying hello again! Call me if you need someone to vent to or to share a cup of coffee (or wine. . .or lunch) with. It's terrible to wish away our lives, but I hope the time away from Barry goes by quickly for you!
Thank you both so much!! I was feeling so down and out yesterday night when I wrote that!!
Kim...I never got your number!! So, call me anytime!! That way I can call you!!
I am so glad that Barry made it home for the birth of little Lance!!! He will be home again soon! He loves you, Damien, and Lance very much!!!! I wish so much I was there with you all, I know how hard this all it. But he will be home soon!!!! I will see you in March! Love Ya! I want more baby pictures!!!!! HA!!!
Thank God we have folks like your family willing to do the hard things for the country. Thank you!
Post a Comment