Sunday, March 15, 2009

painting with shaving cream, glue and food coloring!!

Once a month Mrs. Cassandra comes over and does PAT (parents as teachers). It is a program that helps parents teach their kids and learn with them. Well, this months lesson was a messy one!! This is what they did to make their "puffy paint".....You take glue, shaving cream and food coloring. Then mix them together and apply to your paper! Simple as that and as you can see he had loads of fun!!

They even did another fun colorful/messy project. He got to paint with an ice cube! For this one you take an ice cube and some koolaid powder....sprinkle the powder onto the paper then take the ice cube and rub it around. He turned into a blue smurf...lol!!!

Damien always enjoys his time with her when she comes over bc there is always something new to learn or do with her!!


Here are some pictures of the fun he had this time!!

First the glue


Then the shaving cream
Now mixing them together
The end result
this is the ice cube and koolaid art

3 comments:

Ray, Jayme, Caeleb, Alaura & Hailey said...

I sure do miss her!!! I have painted with shaving cream in awhile... thanks for the idea. I used to do it with the kids to make the house smell clean... LOL! It looks like he is having lots of fun!

Marie & Barry said...

He had a blast...I am glad I used my head and took pictures!! Normally I just watch and lose the moment!!

PhilippinesPhil said...

CAn you eat it? grin...

gramps